The Microsoft School Transformation Program is a free school-wide professional learning program that sees school leaders, teachers, learning support teachers and IT professionals build their capacity to transform their school and support students using the technology they already have at their fingertips.
The Microsoft team of education experts will meet with your school, and through a series of online workshops, we will deliver a comprehensive professional learning experience aligned to the Education Transformation Framework (ETF).
Your school will commit to send at least two people to each of the following compulsory workshops:
- School Leadership Workshop – a half-day workshop for school leaders that will provide an overview of the potential of Microsoft technologies in education, and an opportunity for leaders to plan the integration of those technologies into their school plan.
- Inclusive Classroom Workshop – a full-day workshop for mainstream and support teachers, teachers’ aides, and those who support students with specific needs, that will provide a deep dive into the suite of Microsoft tools available to support students to improve literacy and language skills.
- Microsoft Teacher Trainer Workshop – a comprehensive two-day deep-dive into creating professional learning experiences that help to upskill all staff and students across the school to use Microsoft technologies in and out of the classroom. This workshop is designed for middle-leaders and teachers who will work with the Principal class to plan and lead Microsoft technology-based professional learning within the school. This workshop has a project component to be carried out back the school.
Schools in NSW DoE, VIC DET, SA DfE and Independent schools will also be required to send two staff to the following workshop:
- IT Pros Workshop – a half-day workshop designed for those who enable Microsoft technologies within your school.
There will also be optional workshops for some states that may include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft 365 Basics Workshop
- Minecraft Teacher Workshop
- Microsoft 365 for Admin/Office Staff
- Microsoft Teams Workshops
Please note that the workshop names may differ slightly from state to state.
The School Transformation Program will assist you in answering the following questions:
- Are our school leaders and teachers equipped to deliver high quality educational opportunities for each and every student in a rapidly-changing world?
- Are we best leveraging technology to make our school a more equitable and inclusive community?
- Are we getting the most out of our existing Microsoft 365 technologies?
This is a whole-school professional learning program, so it is recommended that you send a range of staff to specific workshops rather than sending a few staff to all workshops.
Take the next step on your digital transformation journey. Applications are now open for Semester 2, 2021.
Register or email your expression of interest
Independent Schools (excl. WA schools)
VIC DET Schools
NSW DoE Schools
QLD State & Catholic Schools
SA DfE Schools